Sesank S. Mikkilineni, MD, RPVI
Dr. Sesank S. Mikkilineni is a vascular surgeon who treats patients as the most important members of the care team. Educating patients about their vascular health and treatment options is the top priority in his practice. Dr. Mikkilineni comes from a rich cultural background that celebrates both his US and Indian upbringing. His experience gives him the unique cultural insight that is beneficial to our diverse community.
Dr. Mikkilineni’s specialties and wide-ranging clinical interests cover the following areas: TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR), open and endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, visceral artery aneurysm treatment, popliteal artery aneurysm surgery, complex open and endovascular revascularization for peripheral vascular disease, treatment of venous disorders (DVT, varicose veins and spider veins), and dialysis access and maintenance.
When he’s not working or volunteering his time to community-based service projects, Dr. Mikkilineni enjoys playing and watching basketball, preparing new cuisines and exploring the local area.
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Residency, Vascular Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Science, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Board Eligible, Vascular Surgery
- Member, Society of Vascular Surgery
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American College of Surgeons
Clinical and Research Interests
- Open and endovascular repair of aortic disease (aneurysm, dissection)
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Transcarotid artery revascularization (TCAR) and stenting
- Endovascular and open treatment of peripheral arterial disease
- Open and endovascular repair of popliteal artery aneurysms
- Open and endovascular treatment of renal and mesenteric artery occlusive disease and visceral aneurysms
- Treatment of venous disorders (DVT, varicose veins and spider veins)
- Dialysis access creation and maintenance (AV fistula and AV graft)
- Arterial and venous thrombolysis, IVC filter placement and retrieval