Samuel E. Victoria, Jr., MD, RPVI
Dr. Samuel E. Victoria is a vascular surgeon who contributes innovative cutting-edge and technical expertise to the vascular surgery program at Northside Hospital. He specializes in limb salvage, pedal access, hemodialysis access, venous disease, and minimally invasive cutting-edge procedures such as TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR) for carotid disease and the prevention of stroke, Fenestrated Endovascular Aortic Aneurysm Repair (FEVAR), and percutaneous deep venous thrombectomy.
Dr. Victoria is among a few vascular surgeons in the state with the expertise to perform the FEVAR procedure. This minimally invasive procedure offers hope for patients with an aortic aneurysm near the kidney and mesenteric arteries. Often these patients are not candidates for open aneurysm repair but now have a minimally invasive treatment option that provides several benefits.
His clinical expertise is informed by research experience, as well as a strong commitment to quality care. Dr. Victoria is registered in vascular interpretation and has a holistic view of patient care which involves establishing life-long relationships while leveraging the most up-to-date techniques to improve his patients’ quality of life.
- Ponce Health Sciences University (formerly Ponce School of Medicine & Health Sciences), 2014
- Residency, Vascular Surgery-Integrated, Louisiana State University, 2019
- Board Eligible, Vascular Surgery
- Member, Society of Vascular Surgery
- Member, Gulf Coast Vascular Surgery Society
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Medical Association
Clinical and Research Interests
- Limb salvage
- Dialysis access
- Fenestrated endovascular aortic repair (FEVAR)
- Transcarotid artery revascularization (TCAR)
- Varicose veins
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)