Brooks Whitney, MD
Dr. Brooks Whitney is a board-certified physician in vascular surgery and general surgery with over two decades of experience practicing in the Atlanta area. Prior to joining Northside Vascular Surgery in 2018, Dr. Whitney served as a member of Georgia Vascular Clinic.
Dr. Whitney takes pride in serving patients with the latest technology and treatments, and as a pioneer in adopting stenting and other endovascular treatments, is extensively experienced in serving patients with minimally-invasive vascular surgery and endovascular therapy procedures. In 1997, he was the first physician to perform carotid stenting at St. Joseph’s Hospital, and later was among the first to perform the first aortic stent graft repair in the Southeast.
Dr. Whitney serves all forms of vascular treatment for his patients, including medical management, stenting and surgery. He is committed to the total vascular care of his patients, and tailors medical management and interventional techniques based on each patient’s specific needs.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine, Tulane University School of Medicine
- Residency, General Surgery, University of Tennessee
- Fellowship, Vascular Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine
Certifications and Affiliations
- Board Certified, Vascular Surgery & General Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Medical Association of Georgia
- Member, Medical Association of Atlanta
- Member, Georgia Vascular Society
- Member, The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
- Member, The International Society of Endovascular Specialists
- Member, The Christian Medical and Dental Association
- Member, The Southern Association of Vascular Sugery
- Northside Hospital Atlanta
- Northside Hospital Forsyth
- Emory/St. Joseph's Hospital
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor 2018